who we are
Elite AVI was originally founded in 2006 and run by Justin Dohman and Brad Stewart. As the business grew, so did our venture into the Home Automation world. The more clients we earned, the more we realized that we did not want to only specialize in audio and video. Our goal was to become masters in every aspect of home technology. As we expanded, the company was split and Smart Homes of Texas was formed in 2009 and run solely by Justin Dohman. Smart Homes of Texas specializes in Home Technology and the building of Smart Homes.
Using products from Control4, Amx, and Creston, we can customize your house so that everything works together and is easy to use. You can easily control your audio video, adjust your home's temperature, view your security cameras, arm your security system, dim your lights, and even send alerts to your phone when your kids get home from school.
The world of automation is ever changing and we stay on top of it to make it easy for you.more
- Electronic House Home of the Year Winner Elite AV of Texas was fortunate enough to build, what was considered to be the #1 home in America by National Publication Electronic House.
- Electronic House Home of the Month Winner In June of 2013 Elite AV was featured in Electronic House Magazine as their Home of the Month winner for a Million dollar automation we completed.
- THX Installer of the Month You may know THX from their trailers before movies when they master films for audio and video like star wars. They also certify all the top Audio Video equipment and have their own training department. Justin Dohman was recognized by THX as their installer of the month
"... I gave Justin a budget, and he gave me great service with a package better than the quality of competitors but beating their prices significantly. I operate my own small business, so I also appreciated his ability to get the task done as promised, and in a... "Miki Rivera
"... have been fortunate enough to have Smart Homes of Texas do some work for me at multiple residences. Every time, they showed me just how superior they were in their knowledge of A/V equipment, ability to put my ideas into action, an excellent installation of said ideas... "Richard Newman
why choose us
With less overhead Elite AV can offer better prices on top of the line brand name equipment. With a owner that Designs, Sells, Installs, and Services Elite AV does not have to pay for multiple installers or a building which means you the customer enjoys the savings.
Elite AV has spent the better part of a decade trying to be the best in our field. We attend weekly vendor trainings, industry trade shows, and keep up to date on trends and technology advancement. Elite AV has been featured in over 15 magazine articles featuring our installation, and design practices. Simply put if you want experience and knowledge Elite AV of Texas have it.
Elite AV knows choosing the company to complete your project is a difficult decision. Everyone wants to sell you on their systems and it can be a very confusing adventure. Take it from our customers, they have been kind enough to leave us over a 100 5 star reviews online all over the web, Angies List, Yelp, Google, and facebook are a few places you can find what our customers are saying.
Elite AV is not a chain and never plans to be. The person you call is the one that does your estimate and then the one that comes out and installs your system. Elite AV stays small for a reason and that is to give you that personal touch and make sure every project is left perfect.
The Audio Video world has a lot of options on where to shop from and they all want your business. Justin Dohman was originally trained in the car audio world by top 50 installers and moved into the Home AV world. When Justin made this transition he wanted the best education so he was certified by THX and Cedia. THX is known for their expert knowledge in Sound and Video calibration and reproduction. Justin has attended all the schooling they offer and hold their top level certifications. Cedia is known for there custom installation practices and teaching their installers the proper way to install home electronics, we have been level 2 certified to make sure your home is properly cared for.
Our standards are simple. Anything Elite aV installs or sells we want it to work at its peak level. Elite AV wants our systems to out perform the competitions while being very simply to use. Elite AV wants to wow your family and friends and give you the system that makes you not want to go to the movies.
- Provide to all persons truthful and accurate information with respect to the professional performance of duties.
- Maintain the highest standards of personal conduct to bring credit to the custom electronic and design industry.
- Promote and encourage the highest level of ethics within the profession.
- Recognize and discharge by responsibility, to uphold all laws and regulations relating to CEDIA policies and activities.
- Strive for excellence in all aspects of the industry.
- Use only legal and ethical means in all industry activities.
- Use written contracts clearly stating all charges, services, products and other essential information.
- Demonstrate respect for every professional within the industry by clearly stating and consistently performing at or above the standards acceptable to the industry.
- Maintain the highest standards of safety and any other responsibilities.
- When providing services or products, maintain in full force adequate or appropriate insurance.
- Cooperate with professional colleagues, suppliers and employees to provide the highest quality service.
- Extend these same professional commitments to all those persons supervised or employed.
- Treat every home as its our own and make sure we leave them as clean if not cleaner when we leave.